Tanushree Dutta is an Indian actress and model. Started her career from modelling, she came into limelight after the release of her 2005 movie Aashiq Banaya Aapne; opposite Emraan Hashmi. She was born in a Bengali family and has struggled a lot to make her way to the Indian film industry. Want to know more about this sizzling actress? Let’s have a look at her Age, Boyfriend, Family, Career, Biography, and other interesting facts.
Tanushree Dutta was born on 19 March 1984 (34 years, as in 2018) in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India. Her close ones call her by the name Tanu. Hailing from Jamshedpur, she stepped into the Indian film industry in 2005, after participating in 2004 Femina Miss India and Miss Universe beauty pageants. She made her Bollywood debut with the film Aashiq Banaya Aapne (2005); which became a box office success and brought fame to her. The actress has worked in Hindi, Telugu, and Tamil films.
The height of the actress is around 5′ 6″ and her weight is 65 kg. Her figure measurements are 34-30-36. She has Drak Brown eyes and Black hair.
Family & Boyfriend
She belongs to a Bengali Kayastha (Hindu religion) family. Her father’s name is Tapan Dutta who was an employee of the Life Insurance Corporation of India. Her mother Shikha Dutta is a homemaker. The actress has one younger sister Ishita Dutta, who is also an actress.
She was in a relationship with Aditya Datt (Film Director).
She completed her schooling from DBMS English School, Jamshedpur. After completing her schooling, she took admission in Bachelor of Commerce at a Junior College in Pune. She always wanted to go in the modelling field so when she got this chance she left her college in between to chase her dream. During the starting period of her career, she has worked at an Event Management Company as an Executive. In 2003, she participated in several local Pune beauty pageants. Then, she appeared on Bangladeshi Ad Campaigns, a local Bengali TV show, and stage shows. Later, she was featured in Harry Anand’s music video “Saiyan Dil Mein Aana Re.”
In 2004, she won the title of Femina Miss India; which proved to be a turning point in her career.
After this, she represented India in 2004 Miss Universe Beauty Contest and was one of the top 10 finalists there.
After representing India on this big platform, she was approached for the films such as Aashiq Banaya Aapne (2005) and Chocolate (2005). She made her way to Bollywood with these films and became popular for her bold performance in Aashiq Banaya Aapne with Emraan Hashmi. This film opened the new doors of opportunities to her not only in Bollywood but in the other Indian film industries too.
From 2005-2010, in a short career span, she has worked in several Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu movies and has played different genres such as romance, horror, comedy, action, and thriller.
In 2010, she culminated her career with the film, “Apartment” and went on sabbatical for almost two and a half years as she was disturbed due to the sexual harassment incident that happened to her. During this period, she stayed in an ashram for almost one and a half years and then moved to Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir, India. In Ladakh, she learned Vipassanā meditation and some Buddhist meditation related breathing techniques; which helped her to come out of depression.
In an interview, she said, “Buddhist monastery in Ladakh is a great reason for bringing my life back to normal. I rediscovered and reinvented myself through this whole process.”
In 2013, she came back into the limelight by making a stunning appearance at the red carpet and high profile media events.
She became a news sensation when she alleged that her co-star Nana Patekar had misbehaved with her during the rehearsal of her item song for the film ‘Horn Ok Please‘ in 2008. Later, in an interview, she told that just after that incident, she walked out of the film sets and her car was attacked out of frustration and also alleged that there was an involvement of some political parties.
She was in the news because of the rumours of her secret wedding to Neil Roy Franklin (cousin brother of Koena Mitra). But, she denied all the rumours later.
On 6 October 2018, she filed an FIR against Nana Patekar for the 2008 sexual harassment incident.
- Tanushree Dutta’s favourite dish is Bengali Fish Curry and her favourite fruit is Mango.
- She prefers to take Ice Tea and Coffee in beverages.
- Her favourite colour is Black.
- She loves travelling and her favourite destinations are Goa and Ladakh.
- She is fond of Akshay Kumar.
- She is an admirer of Bipasha Basu and Rani Mukherjee.
- In her free time, she prefers reading and admires Dr. Brian Weiss and Paulo Coelho for their writings.
- Tanushree Dutta does not smoke, although she drinks alcohol.
- She is a good singer but has never sung professionally.
- She is a trained Indian classical dancer.
- During her growing-up years, she went to Rabindranath Tagore Society for Arts for her fine arts training.
- She doesn’t embrace any religion now. In an interview, she told that
“I’ve been on a spiritual quest for ten years. I’ve experienced all religions, embraced them all to finally embrace no religion at all.”
- During her depression phase, she shaved her head when she was in Ladakh.
- She is a green card holder (permanent resident) of the United States of America.
- She has gained an immense weight during her stay in the USA.
- In 2017, she was in the US and couldn’t attend the wedding of her sister Ishita Dutta due to the travel permit issues.