Falguni Pathak is an Indian female #singer and #composer. Popularly known as the “Queen of Dandiya“, she is famous for singing traditional #music forms of #Gujarat. Let’s know more about Falguni Pathak’s personal as well as professional life.
Falguni Pathak Biography/Wiki
Falguni Pathak was born on 12 March 1969 (49 years; age as in 2018). She has a large fan base in India and abroad ever since she debuted professionally in the year 1998. She has sung infinite traditional Gujarati and Hindi love songs. Pathak also performs at live concerts in India and abroad. She is supported by the band Ta Thaiya, which includes 18 members. Falguni has also appeared in Hindi television serials. Falguni Pathak is quite famous for her Navratri songs.
Falguni Pathak is the fifth daughter of her parents and was born in Vadodara, Gujarat, India. There is an age gap of almost 8 years between Falguni and her fourth sister. Her parents were expecting a boy when Falguni was about to be born; this can be the probable reason behind her unique dressing style. Moreover, her four elder sisters always used to dress her as a boy while playing with her in the childhood.
She is unmarried as of now.
Falguni Pathak Career
Falguni Pathak’s debut album was released in 1998. She received her training in folk music from Diwaliben Bhil. She was also trained under Bhavdeep Jaipurwale for 5 years. Most of her songs are centered around the idea of love. Her inspiration is her spiritual guru Shri Aniruddha Bapu.
She recorded a song for the first time when she was only 10 years old; for a Gujarati movie alongside Alka Yagnik. However, the song “Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi” (1998) marked her debut in the Hindi music industry.
Some of her other famous singles include “Maine Payal Hai Chhankai”, “Meri Chunar Udd Udd Jaye”, “Saawan Mein“, etc.
Falguni Pathak also appeared in the Hindi TV serials “Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah” and “Baa Bahoo Aur Baby.” Besides these, she also made her appearance in reality shows, which included “Kaun Banega Crorepati“, “Star Dandiya Dhoom“, and “Comedy Nights Bachao.”
Falguni Pathak is quite popular among the Gujarati community for her Navratri special songs. One of the famous Gujarati songs, which is high in demand during the Navratri season, is “Indhana Vinvaa Gayi Thi More Saiyan.”
Falguni Pathak charges nearly ₹ 40 lakh per show.
In October 2010, during the Navratri celebration in the Garden city, Ankleshwar, Gujarat, the residents accused Falguni Pathak and actress Shefali Jariwala for using double meaning words and doing obscene gestures on stage.
- Falguni Pathak likes to eat simple vegetarian food. Her list of favorite food includes Dal Dhokla, Pasta, Pizza, Pani Puri, and Sev Puri.
- Her favourite singers are Diwaliben Bhil, Divya Kumar, and Parthiv Gohil.
- Falguni likes to dine in Elco Resturant, Bandra and Puranmal, Vile Parle West, Mumbai.
- She likes to go on long drives with her family.
- Pathak loves traveling and visiting new places.
- Falguni’s favorite attire is chinos paired with a loose-fitting T-shirt and a black waistcoat.
- Falguni considers everything as God’s gift.
- She has never applied nail paint.
- Since childhood, Falguni has kept short hair. She, once, grew her hair till her shoulders only on the insistence of her mother.
- In 2014, Mangal Entertainment and 3rd Rock Multimedia signed her for an amazing deal of 1.6 crores (INR) for Navratri.
- Even IPL’s team Chennai Super Kings couldn’t afford to hire her in the IPL’s opening ceremony.
- She has never worn Salwar-Kameez or Ghagra-Choli in her whole life.
- Falguni wears makeup only during her shows.