Jasmine Sandlas is an Indian singer and songwriter who is mainly associated with the Punjabi Music Industry. She came into the spotlight after singing the song “Yaar Na Miley” from the Bollywood film ‘Kick.’
Jasmine Sandlas was born on 4 September 1985 (age 33 years; as in 2018) in Jalandhar, Punjab. Her zodiac sign is Virgo.
She started singing at the age of 6. Her mother motivated her and asked her to join music or dance as a hobby. Jasmine was educated at Jalandhar’s MGN Public School.
When she was 12 years old, her family moved to California. She completed her graduation in Psychology from California. Jasmine started writing songs when she was just 16 years old. Initially, her parents did not support her choice of becoming a singer. After completing her graduation, Sandlas did a number of odd jobs like selling jerseys at a jersey store and shoes at a shoe store in California. She, then, worked as a teacher for two years before starting her music career.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 50 Kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Hazel Brown
Figure Measurements: 33-27-34
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Jasmine Sandlas belongs to a Sikh Family. Her father was a lawyer. Not much is known about her mother. She has an elder sister, Rosleen Sandlas, and a younger brother, Ravneet Sandlas.
Jasmine is in a relationship with Garry Sandhu. However, there were rumours about there split in December 2018.
Jasmine started her singing career in 2008 with the song “Muskan” which was written by Lalie Gill. The song was a great success. In 2012, she collaborated with Bohemia for her album “Gulabi” which earned her recognition in the Punjabi music industry. Next, she released her single “Punjabi De Javak in 2015. She made her Bollywood debut in singing with the song “Yaar Na Miley” from the film ‘Kick.’ The song earned her wide popularity. Subsequently, she sang the song “Ishq Da Sutta” for the film ‘One Night Stand’ and “Raat Jashan Di” for the film ‘Zorawar.’ Some of her popular tracks include “Baddal, “Laddu,” “Bamb Jatt,” “Punjabi Mutiyaran,” “LV Di Jean,” “Illegal Weapon,” “SIP SIP,” and “Patt Lai Geya.”
- Food: Punjabi Food, Gol Gappe
- Her hobbies include travelling and writing.
- Jasmine penned her first song “Adhi Rati” when she was just 16 years old. The song was later released in her debut album ‘Gulabi.’
- Jasmine has never received any formal training in music.
- Sandlas considers Surinder Kaur and Shiv Kumar Batalvi as her role model.
- She enjoys writing songs while sitting in cafes or beaches.
- Her family and friends fondly call her Tiny.
- She is referred to as the ‘Gulabi Queen because of her reddish-pink hair and her album titled “Gulabi.”
- She is very close to her grandmother, Pyaar Kaur.
- Her popular song “Yaar Na Miley” was recorded over the phone. It happened when Yo Yo Honey Singh called her and told her that he wanted to do a song with her. Honey asked Sandlas to write and record a song for him. After which, Jasmine recorded it over the phone and the phone vocals were selected for the film.
- Jasmine believes that if she would have been raised up in India, she would never have become a singer.
- When Jasmine was in California, she, in order to promote herself and come in contact with a producer, used to make her songs CD and print her name and number on it. She used to take those CDs and stand in front of a club and distribute those CD’s to the local people asking them to call her if they knew any song producer. It was through that CD only that she received a call from Bohemia for her first album.
- Sandlas is very passionate about dogs.
- She has got inked the French words “il est ecrit” on her left forearm which means ‘Destiny.’