Esha Gupta is an Indian actress and model. She is best known for her roles in commercially successful films, “Raaz 3 (2012)” and Rustom (2016).”
Esha Gupta was born on 28 September 1985 (age 33 years; as in 2018) in New Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Saggitarius.
She did her schooling from Blue Bells Internationals, New Delhi. She completed her mass communication course from Manipal Institue of Communication, Manipal University, Karnataka.
Height: 5′ 7″ (approx.)
Weight: 70 kg
Figure Measurement: 34-25-35
Eye Colour: Hazel Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Her father is a retired Indian Army Officer, and her mother is a homemaker.
Her brother’s name is Karan Gupta, and her sister’s name is Neha Gupta.
She was once in a relationship with Armaan Gujral, the son of Delhi socialite Feroze Gujral’s son.
She then came in relationship with Nikhil Thampi, who is a fashion designer.
She was even rumoured to be in a relationship with the Indian cricketer, Hardik Pandya.
Esha Gupta participated in Femina Miss India 2007 and won the title of ‘Miss Photogenic Face.’ She came third in Miss India 2007. Esha is the winner of Miss India International 2007.
She made her Bollywood debut as an actor with the movie ‘Jannat 2 (2012).’
She has done several movies including “Raaz 3 (2012),” “Commando 2 (2017),” “Rustom (2016),” and many more.
- Esha Gupta once posted a snapshot of her Whatsapp conversation with a friend. In the conversation, Esha Gupta and her friend were criticising Nigerian footballer, Alexander Iwobi for his performance. Her friend called the footballer a ‘gorilla’ and said that ‘evolution stopped for him.’ He added that the footballer did not change from ‘neanderthal to man.’ To which, Esha replied ‘Haha.’ However, it created a massive uproar in social media, with people trolling her for being a racist. She later deleted the post and apologised for her behaviour.
- Esha Gupta did a racy photoshoot and uploaded the photos on her Instagram account. Esha received a lot of hate comments on her pictures after that. She then in an interview with Times of India shut the haters by saying that women are blamed eternally in India whether it is rape or a girl child is born. She further added that it was her body and her photos being shot aesthetically, and she doesn’t care about what negative comment people do because she got more love that those hate comments.
- After an unfortunate event of mass molestation case on Bengaluru on the New Year’s Eve of 2017, politician Abu Azmi criticised women for wearing short dresses and roaming in the night and calling the incident as ‘inevitable.’ His comments made Esha tweet, “The only woman to blame here, n she probably would have blamed herself too, is the woman who unknowingly gave birth to a jerk like u#AbuAzmi.”After which Farhan Azmi defending his father, Abu Azmi said, “Esha, woman who gave birth to @abuasimazmi is my grandma, who is no longer amongst us to defend herself. She was far more dignified than U.”
But the fight didn’t end there as the Farhan retweeted a semi-nude photo of Esha saying that look at the nudity you have given to our films.
- FHM World’s Sexiest 100 Women:#55 in 2013
- Times of India’s Hotlist 2012 Most Promising Female Newcomer: No. 5 in 2013
- Times of India’s Most Desirable Women of 2012 No. 13 out of 50 in 2013
- Times of India’s Most Desirable Women of 2012 No. 8 out of 50 in 2014
- Times of India’s Most Desirable Women of 2012 No. 15 out of 50 in 2015
- Food: Rajma Chawal, Mishti Doi
- Film: Andaz Apna Apna, Troy
- TV Shows: Freinds, Breaking Bad, Being Mary Jane, How To Get Away With Murder, American Horror Story, Tyrant
- Car: Aston Martin V8 Vantage Coupe
- Perfume: Poison by Christian Dior
- Fashion Brand: Zara, Mango, Pull & Bear, Tod
- Travel Destination: London
Esha Gupta owns a BMW.
- After her topless pose in Kingfisher Calendar 2010, filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt offered her the lead role opposite Emraan Hashmi in Jannat 2 (2012).
- She is often considered as a lookalike of the Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie due to her facial resemblance.
- She is highly superstitious. She carries a locket and puts a dot from her Kajal behind her ear to be safe from dark energies.
- She got a law scholarship at Newcastle University, England but she declined it to pursue his career in Bollywood.
- She is a car lover and once hosted a show in National Geographic show ‘Super Cars’ in 2012.
- She loves football and is a diehard fan of Arsenal F.C.
- Esha is a trained Kathak and Jazz dancer.
- In 2017, Esha was named the Goodwill Ambassador for Touching Little Heart Project, providing free 500 heart surgeries for children under 16.