Sidharth Malhotra is a popular Indian Film Industry actor. He was born on 16th January, 1985. Sidharth started his career in the field of modeling at the age of 18 years old. Disappointed by the profession, he proceeded to work under Karan Johar. He was an assistant director in the film My Name Is Khan made in 2010. His acting debut was made with the movie Student of the Year (2012). He got a Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for his role in the movie. Although, the initial movies he starred in did not do well at the box office the movies Hasee toh Phasee and Kapoor & Sons did well. These two movies have been the highest grossing films he has been a part of.
Sidharth Malhotra was born in Delhi, India into a Punjabi family to Sunil, who served in the Merchant Navy, and Rimma Malhotra, a housewife. He was educated at Delhi’s Don Bosco School and Birla Vidya Niketan and later he graduated from Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi. Malhotra started his modeling career at the age of 18. In spite of the fact that the profession proved to be fruitful for him, he chose to change his career because he was disappointed with it.
Sidharth Malhotra is 6’ 1” tall and weighs around 80 kgs. His chest measurement is 42″, his waist is 30″ and his biceps are around 16″. Malhotra has brown eyes and black hair.
Always intrigued to make a mark in the acting industry, Sidharth was selected to be directed by Anubhav Sinha. Due to some reasons, the movie was retired, after which he started working as an assistant director to Karan Johar on film My Name Is Khan in 2010. Malhotra got his first break in the year 2012, with Johar’s Student of the Year along with Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt.
After this, he was next paired with actress Parineeti Chopra and Adah Sharma for the rom-com Hasee Toh Phasee in the year 2014. Malhotra’s second film release in the year 2014 was a film directed by Mohit Suri called Ek Villain. He was paired opposite actress Shraddha Kapoor in this movie.
In the year 2015, Malhotra starred in the movie directed by Karan Malhotra which co-featured Akshay Kumar, Jacqueline Fernandez and Jackie Shroff.
His next movie, directed by Shakun Batra was a family drama called Kapoor and Sons. It turned out to be a business success. Featuring some famous stars including Rishi Kapoor, Ratna Pathak Shah, Rajat Kapoor, Fawad Khan, and Alia Bhatt, the film did reasonably well at the box office.
In 2016, Malhotra featured as a mathematician who goes in time, learning the importance of family life in the rom-com Baar Dekho in which he was paired opposite Katrina Kaif. This film was produces by Karan Johar under the banner of Dharma Productions and Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani under Excel Entertainment. This film was directed by Nitya Mehra.
Except of these movies, the actor has also starred in the movies A Gentleman, Ittefaq and Aiyaary till the present date. His next movie will be biopic based on the life the famous Kargil hero Vikram Batra in which he will play the role of both Vikram and his twin brother Vishal. Malhotra will likewise rejoin with Parineeti Chopra in the lighthearted comedy Jabariya Jodi.
Family and Girlfriends
The actor was born to Mr. Sunil Malhotra was a retired captain from the Merchant Navy and Mrs.Rimma Malhotra who is a housewife. He has an elder brother whose name is Harshad Malhotra who is a banker.
In the past, Sidharth has been known to date actress Alia Bhatt.
- His favourite food is Jalebi, Hot Chocolate Fudge, Sushi, Biryani and Chicken Roll Munch.
- A list of his favourite actors include Mr. Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan. His favourite actresses are Kajol, Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif.
- Some of his favourite films are Agneepath, Andaz Apna Apna, Chupke Chupke, Sholay, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Indiana Jones, The Lord of the Ring series, and Good Will Hunting.
- Directors he wants to work with are Rajkumar Hirani and Imtiaz Ali.
- His favourites sport is Rugby.
- Malhotra’s favourite vacation spots are Goa and New York.
- He charges around 3-4 crores a film.
Some other facts:
- Sidharth Malhotra drinks alcohol but he does not smoke.
- Since his youth, he has been keen on dramatization and frequently took an interest in movies.
- His parents wanted him to become an engineer, however he had no enthusiasm for studies, rather, he was interested towards games.
- He played for a famous Rugby Club when he was in Delhi.
- At the age of 16 years old, he made his debut with a tv show called Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan on Star Plus, in which he assumed the character of Jaichand, sibling of Prithviraj Chauhan.
- He shot to popularity in the wake of working for the eminent universal designer Roberto Cavalli’s campaigns and afterwards in a few magazines like Redbook, Gladrags, and Men’s Health.
- In 2007, he won the Mr Gujarat title, and furthermore was the second sprinter up in the Gladrags mega model competition.
- At 22 years old, he was selcted for Anubhav Sinha’s film, for which he moved to Mumbai, yet the film got racked.
- In 2014, his film “Ek Villain” got extraordinary appreciation. In addition, Salman Khan adored his role and presented him with a watch.
- For his film Brothers, he put on around 10 kg of weight to match the build of Akshay Kumar, not just this, he likewise used to bathe with super cold water.
- Chocolate is his shortcoming. He can exercise more, yet can’t survive without it.
- He loves dogs and he additionally works for the NGO PETA.