Tina Datta was born as Tanisha Datta on 27 November 1986 (aged 32; as in 2018) in Calcutta (now Kolkata), West Bengal, India. Her family and friends fondly call her as Tinzi. She started acting at the age of just 5. Though she is active in both Hindi and Bengali entertainment industries, she received huge fame for her performances in the Hindi TV serials. She has also received several awards for her acting like Producers Guild Film Award for Best Actress in a Drama Series in 2010, Kalakar Award for Best New Face (Female) in 2010, 16th Lion Gold Award for Best Actress in 2010, All India Achiever’s Award for Excellence in Acting in 2011, and Golden Petal Award for Most Janbaaz Personality in 2013.
She is approximately 5’ 1” tall and weighs around 55 kg. She has brown eyes and black hair.
Family & Boyfriend
Tina Datta did her schooling from Meghmala Roy Education Centre, Behala, Kolkata and St. Paul’s Boarding And Day School, Kolkata and did her graduation from the University of Calcutta, Kolkata. She made her acting debut as a child artist in 1992 with the TV serial, Sister Nivedita. She also did several Bengali films as a child artist like Pita Mata Santan (1997), Dus Number Bari (1997), etc.
In 2009, Tina made her television debut as an actress with the TV serial, Uttaran as Ichha Bharti Singh Bundela. This show received her huge fame. She has also appeared on the sets of various reality TV shows like Comedy Circus (2009), Comedy Nights with Kapil (2013), Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 7 (2014), Comedy Classes (2015), Comedy Nights Bachao (2016), etc.
Tina was also the contestant of the reality TV show, Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi Season 7 in 2016.
In 2017, she did her first mythological TV serial, Shani, in which she played the role of Shani’s wife, Dhamini.
- During the shooting of the TV serial, Uttaran, there were catfights between Tina Datta and Sreejita De.
- It was rumoured in 2011 that she was married to a Supervising Producer, Mahesh Kumar Jaiswal, but later, she cleared publicly that she is not married to him.
- Agneepath (2012) is her all-time favourite film.
- She loves to eat Chinese food, and her favourite dish is Dim sum.
- Tina also likes to watch TV serials, and Diya Aur Baati Hum is one among her favourites.
- Tina Datta has appeared on the cover of various magazines like Grihshobha, Enlighten India Magazine, etc.
- She drinks alcohol.
- Tina is a trained dancer.
- She loves to travel and listen to music.
- Tina Datta is fluent in Hindi, English, and Bengali.
- She is an avid dog lover.