Antonio Aakeel is a British born Indian actor from England. He is best known for playing the role of Omar in the British film “Eaten By Lions” (2017). Aakeel is one of the fastest-rising young actors in Britain.
Antonio Aakeel was born to Indian parents in 1997 (age 21 years; as in 2018) in New Cross Hospital, Wolverhampton, England. He attended Holyhead Primary School. Antonio fell in love with acting at a very young age. It was during a Christmas play at his school that he performed a one-line role and just then, decided to be an actor. He studied law at the college and thereafter, went to London’s Royal Central School of Speech and Drama to practise theatre. Antonio did a number of plays including the theatre production of Guantanamo Boy, which landed him a small role in the TV series Skins.
Height: 5′ 9″
Weight: 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements: Chest 40″, Waist 32″, Biceps 12″
Antonio made his acting debut with Channel 4’s cult TV series “Skins.” He bagged the role over 500 artists who appeared for the auditions. Subsequently, he appeared in UK television shows like “Doctors” and “Moving on.”
In 2017, Antonio starred in the BAFTA-winning BBC TV’s mini-series, “Three Girls.”
Aakeel stepped into the world of movies in 2017 with the crime drama “City of Tiny Lights.” Next, he appeared in the Shakespearean adaptation film “The Hungry” alongside Naseeruddin Shah and Tisca Chopra. Aakeel played a supporting role in the film.
In 2018, he played the role of Nitin Ahuja in “Tomb Raider.” Antonio has also featured in short films like “The Line of Freedom.”
- His hobbies include watching films and hanging out with friends.
- Aakeel loves technology and thinks that working for a technology corporation like Apple would be interesting.
- Antonio speaks Hindi and Punjabi fluently.
- Antonio finds shooting for the film “The Line of Freedom” as the hardest shot of his career as the film was shot in Dubai, in summer at 50 degrees temperature that too in the middle of a desert.
- He was named as the “Star of Tomorrow” by Screen International in 2018.
- He enjoys drinking alcohol.