Tejinder Sing Maan aka Babbu Maan is a Punjabi singer, actor, lyricist, music director, producer, and a screenwriter. He is one of the leading singers of the Punjabi Music Industry.
Babbu Maan was born on 18 March 1975 (47 years; as in 2022) in Khant, Maanpur, District Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Pisces. He was born into a middle-class family and as a child, he lived in a joint family. He was educated at a private school in Maanpur and did his graduation from a government college in Ropar. He went to Chandigarh’s Punjab University to pursue M.A in Urdu. Maan has a passion for Music right from his childhood and at the age of 7, he gave his first stage performance. He started composing song lyrics when he was 16. Maan performed at various stage shows before launching his first music album.
Height (approx.): 5’ 11”
Weight (approx.): 80 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements: Chest 41″, Waist 33″, Biceps 13″
Family, Caste & Wife
Babbu Maan belongs to a Sikh Family. He is the son of Late Babu Singh Maan and Late Kulbir Kaur. He has two elder sisters, Rupie and Jassi.
He is married to Harmandeep Kaur Maan.
Babbu Maan started his singing career in 1998 with the music album “Sajjan Rumal De Geya” which was not very successful. In 1999, he released his official debut album “Tu Meri Miss India” Next, he released his album “Saaun Di Jhadi” featuring songs like “Chan Chanani,” “Raat Guzarlayi,” “Dil Ta Pagal Hai,” “Kabza,” “Ishq,” and “Touchwood.” The album was a huge hit and established Maan as one of the leading singers in the Punjabi Music Industry. In 2004, he released the album “Ohi Chann Ohi Rataan” followed by “Pyaas,” a best selling album of that time which even earned him the Best Album of The Year Award by Punjabi Music Awards. He has also sung various songs for films including “Waagah,” “Dil Tainu Karda Ae Pyaar,” “Vaada Raha,” “Crook,” “Saheb,” “Biwi Aur Gangster,” “Titoo MBA,” and “31st October.” In 2013, Maan released the album “Talaash: In Search of Soul” which was a huge hit and earned him 4 World Music Awards including ‘World’s Best Indian Male Artist,’ ‘World’s Best Indian Live Act,’ ‘World’s Best Indian Entertainer’ and ‘World’s Best Indian Album.’ It was even listed in the ‘Billboard 200’ charts.
He made his acting debut in 2003 with the film “Hawayein.” He played a supporting role in the film. In 2006, he appeared in the lead role in the Punjabi film “Rabb Ne Banaiyan Jodiean.” Subsequently, he featured in the films “Hashar (A Love Story),” “Ekam- Son of Soil,” “Hero Hitler in Love,” and “Desi Romeos.” In addition to singing and acting, he co-owns a production company named ‘Maan Films Private Limited.’ He is also the ambassador of a Punjab based NPO ‘One Hop, One Chance.’
- In 2009, Babbu tried to expose the ‘fake saints and preachers’ in Punjab these days by singing the song “Ik Baba Nanak Si” from the album ‘Singh Is Better Than King.’ The song was supported by a majority of people but also faced criticism from a few groups.
- In 2010, he landed into the controversy when he sang a song at a concert in the UK, questioning the circumstances in which the freedom fighter Lala Lajpat Rai died. However, later he apologised for his act.
- When Babbu Maan was awarded the ‘Daf BAMA Music Awards’ for “Best Male Artist” and “Best Punjabi Act,” the Punjabi singer Garry Sandhu alleged that he did not win the award but Maan has bought it. However, Sandhu was later condemned for his words.
His car collection includes a Black Audi Q7 and a Pajero.
- Beverages: Coffee, Lassi
- Songs: Chura Liya Hai Tumne Jo Dil Ko, Dum Maro Dum
- Holiday Destination: Canada
- His hobbies include gymming and making the best out of waste.
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- He resides at SCF 68, Phase-10, Mohali, Punjab, India.
- Babbu made a special song “Mere Varge Mere Fans” for his fans.
- He revealed in an interview that his dream project is to build old age homes and a hospital for poor people.
- Maan’s debut film “Hawayein” was banned by the Indian Government as it was based on the Anti-Sikh riots of 1984. The film was however released outside India.
- Babbu not only sings but also writes his own music and composes his own music.
- When the shoot of his film “Hashar” was going on, around 8000 people came there just to see him. He, then, gave a special performance for his fans at the end of the day.
- His fans often address him as ‘Khantwala Maan.’
- He has got a Lion and a Khanda inked on his left Bicep.