An adaptation of a BBC series of the same name, the American version of The Office aired for nine seasons on NBC from 2005 to 2013. It received positive reviews and was loved by many people almost all through its run as it repeatedly broke the invisible, imagined wall that separates actors from audiences and introduced many characters that will not be forgotten in a very long time. In case you doubt this, The Office quotes below will definitely convince you.
The show suffered no shortage of heartfelt moments and belly-aching laughs, thanks to the prank war between Jim and Dwight, Michael’s personal mischief and the multiple romances that went on in the office. As a matter of fact, the character of Michael Scott was a complete collection of one-line jokes. Even though the last season of the television show aired in May 2013, it is still very much relevant, popular, and as funny as ever, as a result of the new crop of people watching it on Netflix.
60 Interesting The Office Quotes For The TV Show Fans
1. Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me. – Michael Scott, Season 2, “The Fight”.
2. No, Rose, they are not breathing. And they have no arms or legs … Where are they? You know what? If we come across somebody with no arms or legs, do we bother resuscitating them? I mean, what quality of life do we have there? – Michael Scott, Season 5, “Stress Relief”.
3. If I were buying my coffin, I would get one with thicker walls so you couldn’t hear the other dead people. – Dwight Schrute, Season 2, “Office Olympics”.
4. Through concentration, I can raise and lower my cholesterol at will. – Dwight Schrute.
5. And I did not become a Lackawanna County volunteer sheriff’s deputy to make friends. And by the way, I haven’t.- Dwight Schrute.
6. Well, it’s love at first sight. Actually, it was… No, it was when I heard her voice. It was love at first see with my ears. — Michael Scott (Steve Carell), The Office, Season 4: Goodbye, Toby (1).
7. Fool me once, strike one. Fool me twice, strike three. — Michael Scott (Steve Carell), The Office, Season 3: Traveling Salesmen.
8. It’s better to be hurt by someone you know accidentally than by a stranger on purpose. — Dwight Schrute (Rainn Wilson), The Office, Season 4: Survivor Man.
9. Pam Beesly: Dwight, am I hot right now?
Dwight Schrute: Why would I or anyone else think that you’re hot right now? I can’t impregnate you, and that’s the driving force between male-female attraction. — Dwight Schrute (Rainn Wilson), The Office, Season 8: Pam’s Replacement.
10. I have six roommates, which are better than friends because they have to give you one month’s notice before they leave. — Toby Flenderson (Paul Lieberstein), The Office, Season 9: Finale.
11. Sometimes I’ll start a sentence and I don’t even know where it’s going. I just hope I find it along the way. – Michael Scott, Season 5, “The Duel”.
12. Identity theft is not a joke, Jim! Millions of families suffer every year. – Dwight Schrute, Season 3, “Product Recall”.
13. And I knew exactly what to do. But in a much more real sense, I had no idea what to do. – Michael Scott, Season 5, “Stress Relief”.
14. I come from a long line of fighters. My maternal grandfather was the toughest guy I ever knew. World War II veteran, killed twenty men and spent the rest of the war in an Allied prison camp. My father battled blood pressure and obesity all his life. Different kind of fight. – Dwight Schrute.
15. Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don’t know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I’ll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. — Michael Scott (Steve Carell), The Office, Season 4: Fun Run (1).
16. I guess I’ve been working so hard, I forgot what it’s like to be hardly working. — Michael Scott (Steve Carell), The Office, Season 7: Training Day.
17. I love inside jokes. I’d love to be a part of one someday. — Michael Scott (Steve Carell), The Office, Season 3: The Convention.
18. I’m sinking a few, you know. Swish, swish, swish. Nothing but net. And their jaws just dropped to the floor. African-Americans! — Michael Scott (Steve Carell), The Office, Season 1: Basketball.
19. Oscar Martinez: Don’t you want to see the baby?
Dwight Schrute: Psh! Why? I know what Angela and the senator look like. I can mash that up in my head right now. — Dwight Schrute (Rainn Wilson), The Office, Season 8: Jury Duty.
20. Friends joke with one another. ‘Hey, you’re poor.’ ‘Hey, your momma’s dead.’ That’s what friends do. — Michael Scott (Steve Carell), The Office, Season 4: The Deposition.
21. I talk a lot, so I’ve learned to tune myself out. – Kelly Kapoor, Season 7, “Counseling”.
22. Today, smoking is going to save lives. – Dwight Schrute, Season 5, “Stress Relief”.
23. There’s a lot of beauty in ordinary things. Isn’t that kind of the point? – Pam Beesly, Season 9, “Finale”.
24. As a farmer, I know that when an animal is sick sometimes the right thing to do is put it out of its misery. With the electricity we are using to keep Meredith alive, we could power a small fan for two days. You tell me what’s unethical. – Dwight Schrute.
25. No, I’m not going to tell them about the downsizing. If a patient has cancer, you don’t tell them. — Michael Scott (Steve Carell), The Office, Season 1: Pilot.
26. I don’t hate it. I just don’t like it at all and it’s terrible. — Michael Scott (Steve Carell), The Office, Season 4: Launch Party (1).
27. I never thought I’d say this, but I think I ate too much bone marrow. — Dwight Schrute (Rainn Wilson), The Office, Season 9: Finale.
28. Any man who says he totally understands women is a fool. Because they are un-understandable. — Michael Scott (Steve Carell), The Office, Season 3: Women’s Appreciation.
29. Ryan: Do you have a question, Kelly?
Kelly: Yeah, I have a lot of questions. Number one: how dare you? — Kelly Kapoor (Mindy Kaling), The Office, Season 4: Night Out.