Ahmed Khan is a versatile personality in Bollywood who works not only as an actor but also as a director, producer, writer, and choreographer. He is also known as a ‘Pappi King’. He had completed his school education at The Bishop’s School, Pune, Maharashtra. He resides in a luxurious flat in Andheri, Mumbai.
Ahmed Khan is a stout and plumpy guy with chubby cheeks who is approximately 5’6” tall and has a heavy body weighs around 70 kg. He has a broad chest, dark brown eyes & hair and a clean shaved face.
Family, Caste, Girlfriend & Wife
Ahmed Khan was born and brought up in Pune, Maharashtra to his parents on 3 June 1974. He belongs to the Islam religion. He has one brother Bobby Khan who is also a director and the ex-husband of Indian singer Sunidhi Chauhan.
He made his acting debut as a child artist from the movie ‘Mr.India’ (1987) and ‘Raakh’ (1989).
In 1994, he worked as an assistant choreographer for the movie ‘Anjaam’.He choreographed many hit songs from the Bollywood movies like ‘Rangeela’, ‘Taal’, ‘Ghajini’, ‘Kick’, etc. He has directed two Hindi movies namely ‘Lakeer – Forbidden Lines’ and ‘ Baaghi 2’. He has his own production house namely ‘Paperdoll Entertainment’ which is run by his wife. He wrote the script and produced movies namely ‘Paathshaala’ and ‘Ek Paheli Leela’ along with his wife.
He was also the judge of dance reality shows like ‘Dance India Dance Lil Master’- season 3, ‘DID Dance Ka Tashan’ and ‘High Fever Dance Ka Naya Tevar’.
He won many awards in the field of choreography and has been nominated many times. Some of his awards are Filmfare Best Choreography Award for Rangeela 1995, Indian film dance director’s association award in 2012, Filmfare Best Choreography Award for Kick 2015, IIFA Award for Kick 2015, Southern India Cinematographer’s Association Award for Heropanti 2015, Indian films & television choreographers association award of appreciation in 2016, etc.
In many award functions, he dedicated his awards to his wife Shaira Ahmed Khan.
He was also awarded by ‘Indian Films and Television Choreographer’s Association Award of Appreciation” by the Vice President of India.
- He was interested in dancing since his childhood and looking his interest, his mother insisted her friend and choreographer Saroj Khan to take him as an assistant director for the movie ‘Anjaam’ (1994).
- He is a childhood and best friend of Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor and he also choreographed & directed Shahid for many movies.
- He had a narrow escape twice – first was when he directed a movie at the Twin Towers in World Trade Center, New York just before the two days of 11th September attack and the second time was of Tsunami in 2004, at that time he canceled his reservations at the last moment at a hotel.
- His favourite actors are Hrithik Roshan, Shahrukh Khan.
- He likes to wear black and blue colour clothes.