Mayur Vakani was born in 1976 (age 41 years; as in 2019) in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. He attended Ahemdabad’s Kameshwar High School and went to C. N. College of Fine Arts to pursue his graduation. Mayur holds an M.A. degree in Indian culture, a diploma in sculpture, and a diploma in drama. Being born to a theatre artist father, Mayur was inclined towards acting from a very young age. He started doing theatre when he was just 6 years old.
Mayur started his acting career by doing a number of commercial plays. He, then, auditioned for various shows and played small characters in several TV shows. In 2006, he starred in the Gujarati romantic action film “Ek Var Piyu Ne Malva Aavje.” Subsequently, he bagged the role of “Sunderlal” in Sony TV’s serial “Taarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma.”
In addition to acting, he is also pursuing his profession as a Sculptor.
Height: 5′ 5″
Weight: 65 Kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Wife
Mayur Vakani is married to Hemali Vakani. The couple has a son, Tathaya Vakani, and a daughter, Hasthi Vakani.
- His hobbies include travelling and swimming.
- The brother-sister Jodi of Sunderlal and Daya Gada in the serial Taarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma are real-life siblings.
- Mayur’s father has also made small appearances in the show “Taarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma.”
- Mayur and his sister Disha have also worked in many plays and TV shows together prior to Taarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma.
- Mayur is very fond of sweets. When he was a child he used to empty the sweet box in one go and got scoldings from his mother.
- Vakani is also a Sculptor from his profession. He was one of the leading members in the making of ‘Gujarat’s Jhanki’ to be displayed in the Republic Day’s Parade in Delhi. He was also the main person behind the decoration of the hall during the visit of Xi Jing Ping.