Peya Jannatul is a Bangladeshi model, actress, and sports anchor.
Peya Jannatul was born as ‘Jannatul Ferdous Peya’ on 4 May 1991 (age 28 years; as in 2019) in Khulna Bangladesh. Her zodiac sign is Taurus.
She did her schooling from Govt. Coronation Girls High School, Khulna and then went to Milestone College, Uttara, Dhaka. Peya did her Bachelors of Law from the University of London, as an external student.
Height: 5′ 10″
Weight: 65 kg
Figure Measurement: 34-28-36
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
She has an elder sister.
She got married to Faruq Hasan (a senior sub-editor at Dhaka Tribune and a political advisor to the Norwegian ambassador in Bangladesh) on 16 June 2014.
In 2007, Peya Jannatul participated in Miss Bangladesh beauty pageant and became Miss Bangladesh 2007, at the age of 16.
She then started doing modelling and became a famous face in Bangladesh. In 2013, she contested against 19 countries and won Miss India Princess International.
She made her acting debut with the Bangladeshi movie “Choraboli” in 2012.
In 2014, she appeared in a music video of a Hindi song, “Morein Saiyaan” by an Indian band ‘Roots.’
She has also appeared in many dramas such as ‘To be or not to be” and “Projarpotir Shukh Dukkho.” After establishing herself in the acting and modelling career, she appeared as a host in the fifth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL).
Awards & Achievements
- Bachsas Awards for Best Supporting Actress for the film “Chorabali” in 2012
- Miss Indian Princess International in 2012.
- Fashion Designers: Sarah Karim, Humaira Khan
- Cricketer: Mohammad Ashraful
- Leader: Sheikh Mujibur Rehman
- She likes riding motorcycles, horseriding, photography, listening to music, and travelling.
- In 2007, at the age of 16, just after her SSC exams, she came from Khulna to Dhaka for a photoshoot. This was her first appearance in front of the camera.
- Since her childhood, Peya wanted to become a lawyer and to fulfil this dream; she attained a degree in Law from the University of London.
- She is the first one from Bangladesh to become the cover girl of Vogue India.
- In February 2017, she became the brand ambassador of “TRESemmé,” a popular brand for hair caring and styling associated with New York Fashion Week.
- She runs an organisation called “We Foundation,” which works for poor and helpless people.
- She even owns small office space in Dhaka, where she offers small office spaces to startups and small entrepreneurs.
- She has also been the brand ambassador of Yamaha in Bangladesh.
- She is a fitness enthusiast and pays a regular visit to the gym.
- She is rooted in to host ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.