Tejasvi Surya is a politician and General Secretary of the Karnataka BJP Youth Wing. He came into focus when he becoming the youngest candidate (BJP) from Bangalore (South) constituency to contest for the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections.
Tejasvi Surya was born on 16 November 1990 (age 28 years; as in 2018) in the Chikkamagaluru district of Karnataka. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. He did his schooling from Sri Kumaran Children Home. He went to Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies to pursue his bachelor’s degree in law.
Height: 5′ 9″
Weight: 70 kg
Body Measurement: Chest 40″, Waist 32″, Biceps 13″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Tejasvi Surya belongs to the Brahmin family. His father’s name is Suryanarayana and his mother’s name is Rama.
Tejasvi Surya is a lawyer turned politician. He is a practising lawyer in Karnataka High Court. He is working as an associate in a law firm named Haranahalli Law Partners in Bangalore. He was the secretary of ABVP (Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad) until 2016. He then became the general secretary of Karnataka unit of BJYM (Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha), the youth wing of BJP, in 2016.
He is a member of Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP).
- In 2014, he tweeted that with the exception of women’s reservation in parliament, Modi government agenda is inspiring. Dread the day when women reservation become reality. His tweet made him be tagged as ‘Misogynistic.’
- In 2017, Tejasvi was one of the organizers of the controversial ‘Mangalore Chalo’ rally. The rally was organised in protest of the killing of an RSS member in Dakshina Kannada district and showcased the BJP worker from across the Karnataka riding in their bikes to Mangaluru.
- In 2019, he tweeted that the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections were the test of common man’s patriotism and those who would vote for Narendra Modi were ‘nationalist’ and those who won’t will be ‘anti-nationalist.’
- He once said that the ideology of the 2 mainstream left parties in India, i.e., CPI (M) and CPI was anti-nationalist.
- In 2019, a woman tweeted against Tejasvi that she had suffered because of Tejasvi. She called Tejasvi as ‘Womaniser,’ ‘abuser,’ and ‘woman beater,’ questioning the choice of BJP for giving him a ticket to fight in elections.
- He in his speeches and tweets have made several remarks about Congress being the ‘party of Muslims’ and ‘Jihadi Party.’
- Food: Pani Puri, Idli Sambhar, Vada Pav
- TV Shows: Mr Bean, Prison Break, How I Met Your Mother
- Subject: Law, Politics, History, Hindu Culture, Economics,
- Sports: Cricket, Football
- Musician: Mahesh Raghvan, Vidya Rangarajan
- Authors: Sidney Sheldon, Jeffrey Archer, Swami Vivekanand, Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Robin Sharma
- Tejasvi Surya is the founder and President of ‘Arise India,’ a non-partisan, not-for-profit, registered trust that tailors the youth of nations to become leaders in the future.
- He has worked with India Facts as a columnist from 2013-14.
- He is the youngest contestant to be fielded by any political party for Lok Sabha Elections and has been given the ticket from Bangalore (South) constituency, which was held consistently by the BJP’s late Ananth Kumar since 1999.
- He was selected by the British High Commission to participate in young leadership programme in the UK in 2017.
- He has co-founded the ‘Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence,’ an organisation runs project related to education and entrepreneurship.
- Tejasvi considers the late Ananth Kumar and his wife Tejaswini as his political mentors, who have tailored him from his school days.