More than 40 years ago, many people, both young and not so young, stood in line waiting patiently for hours to see a new epic space adventure film titled Star Wars. As a result of how captivating the movie was, many of these people could not help going back many times over the next several days just to be entranced again. In the following years, fans of the movie would quote different characters from Yoda to Han Solo and Obi-Wan among many others. Below are a number of inspirational Yoda quotes from Star Wars movies.
Meanwhile, George Lucas the creator of the Star Wars franchise did not only succeed at creating a business empire; he also succeeded in establishing a philosophy that has contributed to molding our culture since 1977, owing to the fact that a lot of his creations in the series are applicable in various aspects of the real world.
Just as there are a lot of unforgettable moments in Star Wars movies, there are also a lot of inspiring dialogs but we will be focusing on the most powerful and inspirational Yoda quotes. Check them out below and feel free to apply them in your daily life.
Powerful and Inspirational Yoda Quotes From Star Wars Movies
1. Yes, a Jedi’s strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight.
2. If once you start down the dark side, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan’s apprentice.
3. In a dark place we find ourselves, and a little more knowledge lights our way.
4. Through the Force, things you will see. Other places, the future, the past, old friends long gone.
5. Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.
6. I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.
7. Foreplay, cuddling – a Jedi craves not these things.
8. At an end your rule is, and not short enough it was!
9. Only the Dark Lord of the Sith knows of our weakness. If informed the senate is, multiply our adversaries will.
10. To answer power with power, the Jedi way this is not. In this war, a danger there is, of losing who we are.
11. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.
12. Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was.
13. You will know when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
14. Truly wonderful the mind of a child is.
15. Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great.
16. If into the security recordings you go, only pain will you find.
17. The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is.
18. When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good, you will not, hmmm?
19. Use your feelings, Obi-Wan, and find him you will.
20. Control, control, you must learn control!
21. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.
22. Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you.
23. You must unlearn what you have learned.
24. The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side.
25. Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice.
26. You think Yoda stops teaching, just because his student does not want to hear? A teacher Yoda is. Yoda teaches like drunkards drink, like killers kill.
27. Named must your fear be before banish it you can.
28. Already know you that which you need.
29. Strong is Vader. Mind what you have learned. Save you it can.
30. Clear your mind must be, if you are to find the villains behind this plot.
31. Always pass on what you have learned.
32. If you end your training now – if you choose the quick and easy path, as Vader did – you will become an agent of evil.
33. When you look at the dark side, careful you must be. For the dark side looks back
34. You will find only what you bring in.
35. Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future…
36. Hmm. In the end, cowards are those who follow the dark side.
37. Soon will I rest, yes, forever sleep. Earned it I have. Twilight is upon me, soon night must fall.
38. Reckless he is. Matters are worse.
39. Faith in your new apprentice, misplaced may be. As is your faith in the dark side of the Force.
40. To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle or the night.
See Also: 50 Inspirational Machiavelli Quotes About Life and Success
41. Many men have failed but I have surpassed their expectation of being a Jedi master.
42. Patience you must have, my young Padawan.
43. Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
44. May the Force be with you.
45. I have many children, as you seek you may find that this, the last one, till he must die before he must reach the becoming of mankind.
46. Luke: What’s in there? Yoda: Only what you take with you.
47. Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing.
48. If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are … a different game you should play.
49. Decide you must, how to serve them best. If you leave now, help them you could; but you would destroy all for which they have fought, and suffered.
50. On many long journeys have I gone. And waited, too, for others to return from journeys of their own. Some return; some are broken; some come back so different only their names remain.