Jaswinder Singh Bains aka Jazzy B is a Punjabi singer, songwriter, model, and actor who is well known for his Bhangra style singing. He is often referred to as the Crown Prince of Bhangra.
Jazzy B was born on 1 April 1975 (age 44 years; as in 2019) in Durgapur, Nawanshahr, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Aries. His family moved to Vancouver, Canada when he was just 5 years old. He did his schooling from Simon Cunningham Elementary School, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada and Princess Margaret High School, Canada. Jazzy B was inclined towards music at a very young age and he used to listen to Kuldip Manak. When he was just 4 years old, Kuldeep Manak performed at his village Durgapur. It further drew his interest in music. While he was in Canada, he used to play air bands in school, do the bhangra, and sing Punjabi songs. When Jazzy was pursuing his graduation, he worked as a part-time construction worker with Tarlok Singh Kooner. It was Kooner who recognised jazzy’s talent and adviced him to launch his music album. He even spent $5000 on his first album. In 1993, he released his debut track “Gugiyan da Jorra.” Thereafter, he moved to Birmingham, England to pursue his singing career.
Height: 5’ 6”
Weight: 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Body Measurements: Chest 39″, Waist 31″, Biceps 14″
Family, Caste & Wife
Jazzy B belongs to a Sikh Family. Not much is known about his parents. He has 3 brothers Gaba Bains, Goma, and Jujhar Singh Kandola. He also has two sisters Roma and Rimpy Bains.
Jazzy is married to Hardeep Kaur and has a son and a daughter.
Jazzy B started his singing career in 1993 with the Punjabi music album “Ghugian Da Jorra.” Subsequently, he released many duet songs like “Akh De Esharey,” “Patlo,” and “Ral Khushian Manaiye.” Jazzy earned wide recognition with his songs including “Dil Aah Gey Ya Tere Te,” “Londono Patola,” “Husna di Sarkar” and “Naag.” In 2000, he made a special appearance in the Bollywood film “Shaheed Udham Singh.” His acting debut as a lead actor came in 2013 with the film “Best of Luck” alongside Gippy Grewal. The film earned him the PTC Punjabi Film Award for ‘Best Male Debut.’ He, then, featured in the Punjabi comedy film “Romeo Ranjha.” Some of his hit Punjabi songs include “This Party Getting Hot,” “One Million,” “Naag 2,” “Mitran De Boot,” “Naag The Third,” and “Jatt Da Flag.”
In August 2016, Jazzy B launched his own clothing brand under the name “B Jazzy.”
In 2014, Jazzy attracted controversy for the video of his song “Rise Above Hate” in which he showed the Sikh religious symbol ‘Khanda’ despite promoting vulgar content.
- Food: Chicken, Gulab Jamun
- Singers: Kuldeep Manak, Babbu Maan, Nachhatar Gill, Sunidhi Chauhan, Sukhwinder Singh
- Sport: Ice Hockey, Football
- Holiday Destination: Mauritius
- His hobbies include shopping and dancing.
- He resides at 10, Seiyu Complex, 2nd Floor, Model Town, Jalandhar.
- He gave his first stage performance in England at the Surrey Arts Centre.
- It was Sukshinder Shinda who advised Jazzy to move to England if he was serious about music.
- Jazzy left his graduation midway and moved to England to pursue his career in singing.
- In his initial days in England, he used to stay in a small room with 6 guys.
- Jazzy B is often spotted drinking alcohol at the parties.
- Jazzy shares a great bond with the Punjabi producer Sukshinder Shinda.
- He is a huge fan of Kuldeep Manak and considers him as his role model.
- Jazzy B is often referred to as “Jazzy Bains,” “The Crown Prince of Bhangra,” “The Canadian Folkster,” “The Punjabi Sensation,” and “The King of Bhangra.”
- Jazzy along with his co-star Garry Sandhu met with a horrible accident while they were shooting for their film “Best Of Luck.”
- He owns a Hummer car.
- Jazzy B is very fond of jewellery and has implanted a tooth made of gold. He wears rings on all his fingers and chiclets sized diamonds in each ear. Jazzy also adorns a heavy gold chain with a gold Khanda (the symbol of Sikhs) pendant.
- Jazzy B has inked many tattoos on his arms and neck including the impression of his father’s face on his arm, his mother’s handprint on his neck, and a lion inked on his shoulder.