Milind Soman is a talented supermodel, actor, film producer and fitness promoter. He is also called the Ironman and Marathon Man of Bollywood as he completed the ‘Ironman Triathlon’ in his first attempt. Check out Milind Soman Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Family, Controversy, Biography, Facts & More.
Milind has a fit body with 40” chest, 32” waist, 14” biceps and 75 kg weight. His 5′ 11” height with healthy physique gave him many modelling assignments and movie contracts. His flexibility earned him a fame in the field of sports. At the age of 52, he looks young as before and getting several movies’ offers.
Family, Caste & Wife
He is brought up in an educated Brahmin Hindu family as his grandparents were doctors, father Late Prabhakar Soman was a nuclear scientist, and mother Usha is a biochemist. He has three sisters Netra (elder), Medha (elder), and Anupama (younger).
He had a close relationship with Madhu Sapre, a model and Femina Miss India pageant 1992, but he soon broke up with her. Then, he came across a French actress Mylene Jampanoi, on the film set of ‘Valley of Flowers’ in 2006. In the same year, they got married in Goa. However, due to their unstable relationship, they decided to divorce each other in 2009.
He was also in a relationship with the model/actress Dipannita Sharma, actress Gul Panag, and actress Shahana Goswami. After 2014, he again fell in love with a 27 years old air hostess Ankita Konwar from Assam.
Milind Soman Career
Milind studied at the Dr Antonio Da Silva High School and Jr. College of Commerce, Dadar, Mumbai. Then, he did a diploma in Electrical Engineering from M. H. Saboo Siddik Polytechnic, Byculla.
In 1988, he started his career as a model with ‘Graviera Suitings.’ During the 1990s, after working in the modelling field, he acted in the TV series like Captain Vyom (1998, Hindi), A Mouthful of Sky (1995, English), and Margarita (1997, Hindi). In 1995, he also performed in the Alisha Chinai’s hit song ‘Made in India.’
Then, he entered into Indian film industry with the movies Tarkieb (2000, Bollywood), Gandha: Smell (2009, Marathi), Agent Hamilton: But Not If It Concerns Your Daughter (2012, English).
After this, he signed many other movies such as 16 December, Agni Varsha, Paiyaa, Bheja Fry, Pachaikili Muthucharam, Bhram, Say Salaam India. He has also performed in foreign language films like Valley of Flowers, The Flag. and Arn – The Knight Templar.
He also tried his hand in the field of production with the movie ‘Rules: Pyaar Ka Superhit Formula’ and a television serial ‘Ghost Bana Dost.’ In 2010, he participated in a reality TV show ‘Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi.’
On 20 May 2012, he registered his name in the ‘Limca Book of Records’ after running 1,500 km in 30 days for Greenathon, NDTV with the goal of spreading environmental awareness.
Milind Soman Controversy
In August 1995, two cases were registered against Milind and Madhu Sapre, Femina Miss India pageant 1992, for posing nude with a python wrapped around them in a print ad for Tuffs Shoes. Another case was filed against them and the advertising agency for illegal use of the python. In 2009, the court acquitted the accused persons.
Milind Soman Facts
- At the age of 10, he, the first time represented his state Maharashtra in the swimming championship.
- He won national level swimming championship (senior men’s) titles for continuously 4 years (1984-87).
- In 1989, he got an amount of ₹50,000, for modelling the ‘Thackersey Fabrics’.
- He was the first person to be selected for Deepak Tijori‘s role as ‘Shekhar Malhotra’ in the movie ‘Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander,’ but he left the film as he was receiving several modelling offers at that time.
- Milind won a silver medal in the South Asian Federation Games at Kathmandu in 1984.
- In order to promote good health and breast cancer awareness among women, he helped to organize a running event ‘Pinkathon’ in 2012.
- In 2015, he finished the ‘Ironman Triathlon’ in 15 hours and 19 minutes, in his first attempt.
- In 2017, he ended the ‘Ultrathon’ of 520 km in only 3 days.
- He likes swimming, travelling, running and kickboxing.
- Milind loves to eat Starbucks red velvet cake, sushi, sashimi, and Belgian chocolate.
- His favourite movies are Sholay, Kung Fu Panda, On Golden Pond, and The Godfather.
- He enjoys travelling to the places like Goa, Europe, and Africa.
- He used to smoke 30 cigarettes in a day, but later, he quitted this habit.
- He has his own event company and a TV production house.
- Milind quits wearing shoes at the time of running.
- He loves to have pets like snakes, lizards, cats, dogs, rats, rabbits, and pigeons.