Raveena Tandon is an Indian actress and producer who works in Bollywood. She played varieties of role in different genres of films, establishing herself as one of the most popular Bollywood actresses. She is popularly known as “Mast Mast Girl.”
She did her schooling from Jamnabai Narsee School in Mumbai. She was pursuing her Bachelors in Arts but had to drop out after 2 years due to her increasing popularity as a Bollywood actress.
Height: 5′ 6″
Weight: 60 kg
Figure Measurement: 34-28-34
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
She has a brother named Rajiv Tandon, who is an actor.
She was once in a relationship with Ajay Devgan, the Bollywood actor. She then came into relationship with Akshay Kumar (actor) and the couple got engaged they broke up after 3 years of relationship. She started dating the film distributor Anil Thandani in 2003.
The couple later got engaged and got married on 22 February 2004. Raveena Tandon adopter two girls, Pooja, and Chayya in 1995. Anil and Raveena have a son named Ranbir Thandani and Rasha Thandani.
She made her debut as an actress with the film “Patthar Ke Phool” in 1991.
She made her Kannada debut with the film “Upendra” in 1999.
Her last appearance before she took a long break from acting was in the movie “Sandwich” in 2006. She made her Bollywood comeback with the film “Bombay Velvet” in 2015.
- During the ongoing #MeToo movement in India, Raveena Tandon tweeted in support of the movement. While a lot of Twitterati’s linked her tweet to her past relationship with Akshay Kumar. After which, she slammed the Twitterati’s by saying that she did not tweet just because of her past life but because of what she had seen happening to the women in the industry.
- In 2018, When there were several strikes by the farmers going on in various states, Raveena tweeted that anyone who was harming public properties and commodities should be instantly arrested. After her tweets, she was trolled for her insensitivity and political leanings. She immediately deleted her post after that and tweeted that she never meant farmers and she was talking about antisocials. She also blamed media for distorting her comments.
- In 2018, Raveena courted controversy after shooting for a commercial in ‘no camera zone’ at Lingaraj Temple in Odisha’s capital city of Bhubaneswar. The incident came into highlight after a clip featuring the Raveena giving beauty tips at Lingaraj Temple in Odisha’s capital city of Bhubaneswar was uploaded on the social media. An FIR was filed by the authorities of the temple against her.
- In 2015, she sued matrimonial sites such as Shaadi.com and Shaaditimes.com for using her images for promotional causes without her permission.
- During her India’s Independence Day celebration in the US, an organiser named Neeraj Agnihotri misbehaved with her.
- Awadh Samman by the Government of Uttar Pradesh in 2002
- National Film Awards for the Best Actress for the film “Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence” in 2002
- Lux New Face of the Year for the film “Patthar Ke Phool” in 1993
- Special Performance Award for the film “Aks” in 2002
- Food: Dhokla, Tandoori Paneer, Tandoori Chicken
- Film: Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi (1958), Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro (1983), Padosan (1968)
- Perfume: Angel by Thierry Mugler
- Travel Destination: Switzerland
- Raveena never thought of becoming an actress, but with her friends and people around her complimenting her looks, she later realised that she could become an actress.
- While working as an intern under Prahlad Kakkar (ad-maker) at Genesis PR; she got her first offer for the film.
- When she was young, she had a huge crush on Sanjay Dutt.
- Reportedly, she was engaged to Akshay Kumar but didn’t reveal it because of Akshay taking a threat to his career and female fan following.
- She refused to do movies like “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998),” “Dil To Pagal Hai (1997),” and “Gupt (1997),” because of her 2-year break from acting.
- Mac Mohan, the famous villain of 70s, is her maternal uncle.
- She was the chairperson of Children’s Film Society of India from 2003 to 2004. She resigned in 2005 from her post citing personal reasons.
- Apart from being an actor and producer, Raveena is a columnist also.