Sumeet Vyas is a famous actor and writer in Indian film industry. He is famous for his role as Mikesh Chaudhary in The Viral Fever (TVF) web series ‘Permanent Roommates‘ in 2014. Apart from the silver screen, he has also worked on the small screen and in several web series. Check out Sumeet wiki, height, weight, age, wife, family, biography, facts & more.
Sumeet is born on 27 July 1983 at Jodhpur, Rajasthan (India) and after completing his school, he attended the R.D. National College in Mumbai.
During his school days, Sumeet aspired to become a pilot or a computer engineer. But, he had a passion for acting and writing also. Later, choosing the second option, he gave up his college studies and started working as an assistant editor in an editing studio in Mumbai.
Gradually, Sumeet began his acting career with a TV series ‘Woh Huye na Hamare’ in 2003. For the role of ‘Sameer,’ in this series, he earned ₹4000 per day.
After this, he worked in some more TV shows and then, entered into the theatre art, in which he acted in a few web series like ‘Permanent Roommates’ in 2014 and ‘TVF Tripling’ in 2016. Subsequently, he tried his luck in Bollywood also and worked in more than 33 movies.
Sumeet looks stunning on the screen with his dark brown eyes, black hair, and 6′ 1” height. Having healthy physique of 80 kg weight, he has a fit body sculpture of 40” chest, 34” waist, and 14” biceps. With such bodily features, he fulfils the requirement of an ideal hero for any screen.
Family, Caste & Girlfriends
34 Years old, Sumeet hails from a middle-class Brahmin family at Jodhpur in Rajasthan (India). His father B.M Vyas is a writer and mother Sudha Vyas is also a famous author. He has one sister Shruti Vyas who is married to a TV actor Namit Das. His family shifted to Mumbai from Rajasthan when he was just five years old.
Sumeet had affairs with the actresses Ekta Kaul and Shivani Tanksale. But, he chose Mumbai based theatre actress Shivani Tanksale as his life partner and married her in 2010. However, after six years they divorced each other in 2017.
Sumeet had a desire to become a writer and actor. For this, he made a debut on small screen with a series ‘Woh Huye na Hamare’ aired on Doordarshan in 2003. During 2009-10, he performed the role of Kartik in an Indian soap opera ‘Rehna Hai Teri Palkon Ki Chhaon Mein‘ broadcasted on NDTV Imagine. In 2015, he also acted in a TV series ‘Stories by Rabindranath Tagore’ telecasted on the EPIC channel.
His first movie as an actor was ‘Jashnn‘ in 2009. In 2012, with the movie ‘English Vinglish,‘ he came into limelight by playing the role of a Pakistani cab driver Salman Khan who tries to learn English in New York.
Then, he signed several movies, among which his hit titles are ‘Aurangzeb‘ (2013) ‘Guddu Ki Gun‘ (2015), ‘Parched‘ (2015), and ‘Kajarya‘ (2015).
He earned a lot of popularity in the role of Mikesh Chaudhary in the web series ‘Permanent Roommates‘ in 2014 and as Chandan Sharma in another web series ‘TVF Tripling‘ in 2016. Sumeet has also written a web series ‘Bang Baaja Baaraat.’
In 2017, his Indian drama film ‘Ribbon‘ earned a lot of acclamation from the audience. In 2018, he was cast as Rishabh Malhotra in the movie ‘Veere Di Wedding.’
- Sumeet is a big supporter of theatre art.
- His hobbies are writing, travelling, playing the piano & other percussion instruments.
- He enjoys the food Eggs Benedict and Banana Smoothie.
- Sumeet was not so good in a study in his school; as he often failed in his 8th, 9th, and 12th standard exams.
- He is a fan of actors Irrfan Khan, Raghubir Yadav, Pankaj Kapur, Robert De Niro, Joaquin Phoenix and Alia Bhatt.
- Sumeet loves to watch the movies ‘Agneepath,’ and ‘Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind.’
- He likes to sing the song ‘Dil Se’ from the film ‘Dil Se.’
- At his home, he loves to watch the TV shows ‘Seinfeld,’ and ‘Game of Thrones.’
- In his leisure time, he reads a book- ‘The Fountainhead’ by Ayn Rand.
- His favourite tourist destination is New York.
- He got an inspiration of acting from his father who worked as a theatre actor and writer in the National School of Drama (NSD).
- He considers Nadira Babbar as his mentor and has also worked in her theatre group ‘Ekjute’ for six years.
- In 2016, he co-hosted the ‘Box Cricket League’ (BCL).
- He loves riding his bike Royal Enfield Bullet 350 and often takes road trips.