A number of things are put into consideration before an anime is judged unique and some of these are the plots, characters and above all, the quotes. Think of every single famous anime and you will notice that it has a number of outstanding lines that make it unique.
From Pokemon’s memorable phrase, “Catch’em all!”, to the theme song of Sailor Moons titled “Fighting evil by moonlight…”, there is no doubt that even after the anime becomes old, people never forget the quotes. This article brings to you some of those famous anime quotes.
Contrary to the belief of some people, spending time watching anime series, is in no way a waste of time, it is entertainment just like your action, romance, and adventure movies. In addition to the excitement and fun it brings to the table, almost all anime series integrates real-life lessons. Read the anime quotes below and get inspired.
100 Best Anime Quotes of All Time For Your Inspiration
Sad Anime Quotes
1. Humans die. Animals die. Plants die. Even soul reapers die. It’s the arch of the universe. Everything that comes to life eventually ceases to exist. – Baraggan Louisenbairn in Bleach
2. Remember what you said before? A normal person with a gun will wind up doing something he never thought himself capable of? No one in this world can truly hold himself separate from violence. Guns are literally within reach of anyone. Sadly that’s where we put our faith, in bullets rather than human kindness. – Koko Hekmatyar in Jormungand
3. The scariest thing about killing people is getting used to it! When you kill someone and realize you won’t be punished… That’s when people forget all about punishment. – Rentaro Satomi, Black Bullet
4. Hey call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield. Such illusions, perpetrated by heroes throughout history, have led countless young men to their bloody deaths, all for the sake of this valor and glory. – Kiritsugu Emiya, Fate Zero
5. Kakarot… please… destroy Frieza… He made me what I am. Don’t…let him… do it… to anyone else. whatever it takes… Stop him… Please. – Vegeta, Dragon Ball Z
6. I’m fine, except… It’s a terrible day for rain. – Roy Mustang in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
7. Sasuke: Maybe if I was to kill the most important people in your life, everyone who’s ever meant anything. Maybe then I’d listen to you because maybe then you’ll have some idea how I feel!
Kakashi: Hmm. It’s an interesting theory. But I’m afraid you’re a little late to put it to the test. Everyone you’re talking about has already been killed. – Naruto
8. When I get bigger, big enough to go somewhere by myself, I want to go to a land that’s far away. I want to go to a faraway island. I want to go to an island that has no people. I want to go to an island that has no pain or sadness. There are no adults, children, classmates, teachers or my mom on that island. On that island, I can climb a tree when I want to climb, swim in the sea when I want to swim, and sleep when I want to sleep. On the island, I think about the town that I left behind. Kids go to school as if nothing has changed. Adults go to the office as if nothing has changed. Mom eats as if nothing has changed. When I think about the town without me, I feel a sense of relief. I want to go far, far away. – Kayo Hinazuki, a little girl who suffered abuse at her mother’s hands wishes for a place where she can live all by her herself in Erased.
9. Death isn’t kind. It’s dark and black and as far as you… As far as you can see you’re all alone. There’s no one else. – Mei Misaki in Another
10. You are extremely afraid of any kind of initial contact, aren’t you? Are you that afraid of other people? I know that by keeping others at a distance you avoid a betrayal of your trust, for while you may not be hurt that way, you mustn’t forget that you must endure the loneliness. Man cannot erase this sadness, because all men are fundamentally alone. – Shinji Ikari in Neon Genesis Evangelion
11. I’ll never resent you, or hate you, or hurt you. Not ever. Not you or anyone. I’d rather die. So If I’m killed, I’ll face my killer with a smile. And I’ll tell them that it’s okay, because it won’t be their fault for doing it. It’ll just be that they don’t know any better. I’ll die hopeful, that my death might have helped them…to understand someday. – Photo in Kino’s Journey – The Animated Series
12. The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don’t wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did. – Jellal Fernandes in Fairy Tail
13. All this time, I seriously thought that it’s better to die than to live your life alone. – Kirito, Sword Art Online
14. The two of us aren’t so different. My whole life I’ve desired from others. I felt bitter to the people around me and I closed off my heart. And a heart that lets nothing in, will become empty before you realize it. – Mei Aihara, Citrus
15. There are people in this world who don’t understand that what they consider a harmless prank can deeply hurt someone else. – Mio Nishizono, Little Busters
16. Nagisa, wait, Nagisa, not yet. Come on, let’s talk, just… just for a little bit, okay? You don’t have to say anything. Just listen. Come on, you have to look at our baby. She looks like a cute little monkey, doesn’t she? See?
She’s so tiny. Here, I’m gonna call her name, okay? Ushio. Hey, it’s Daddy. Ushio? This is Mommy, see? Look at her, see? She’s ignoring me. Guess she doesn’t understand yet. I bet she’ll grow up before we know it. She’ll be starting school. We’ll have to go clothes shopping with her. We’ll have open house and school festivals to go to. We’ll do it all as a family. Even though… Even though I used to make fun of that stuff when I was growing up… Nagisa?
Nagisa! Here, it’s Ushio’s cheek! Come on… Hey… Nagisa, you told me you’d always be by my side. You said we’d always be together. You promised me that, remember? Over and over again. We both promised… That was my only dream… Nothing good ever happened to me until I met you. I thought I had a crappy life, but even someone useless like me finally found something to live for. Right, Nagisa? R-Right? Nagisa, NAGISA!!! – Tomoya Okazaki refuses to accept that his wife was dead in Clannad
17. Things would have been so much better back then. If we had heard each other’s voices. I hate myself. I was selfish, and I never thought about anyone else’s feelings. Since then, my classmates have all looked down on me. I’ve lived for 17 years, and I haven’t lived one of them as a good person. The only time I heard your voice was when we got into that fight.
And what pisses me off the most is the fact that I haven’t changed at all since back then! But… But now, I think I can understand what you were saying… Nishimiya. Me and you… Can we be… friends? Sh*t! I went way too far! I was just gonna apologize and get out of here! Why the hell did I end up asking her to be friends? Why did I even say that? Jeez, that’s so embarrassing! How can you even say that? – Shouya Ishida feels guilty for bullying his deaf classmate so he apologies and tries to become friends with her in Silent Voice.
18. War is not heroic. War is not exhilarating. War is full of despair. It’s dark. It’s dreadful. It’s a thing of sorrow and gloom. – Izuru Kira In Bleach
19. Reality is cruel, so I’m sure lies are a form of kindness. Thus, I say kindness itself is also a lie. I always ended up with these expectations, and I always ended up with these misunderstandings. Before I knew it, I stopped hoping. A highly-trained loner is once bitten, twice shy. As a veteran on this battlefield of life, I’ve gotten used to losing. That’s why I will always hate nice girls.- Hachiman Hikigaya in My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
20. There’s nothing special about being born. Not a thing. Most of the universe is just death, nothing more. In this universe of ours, the birth of a new life on some corner of our planet is nothing but a tiny, insignificant flash. Death is a normal thing. So why live? – Johan Liebert in Monster
21. The thing I wished for destroyed my whole family. I brought all this suffering down on my family because I made a wish for my dad without knowing what he really wanted. – Kyoko Sakura in Madoka Magica
22. Are you listening God? The thing is, mom and dad don’t like each other anymore. And it’s my fault for being such a useless daughter. – Hatori Shikishima in Alice & Zouroku
23. Rock, if you think about it, other than this, what do we really value in life? God? Love? Don’t make me laugh. When I was a brat, crawling around in that shithole city, it seemed God and Love were always sold out when I went looking. Before I knew better, I clung to God and prayed to Him every single night — yeah, I believed in God right up until that night the cops beat the hell out of me for no reason at all. All they saw when they looked at me was another little ghetto rat. With no power and no God, what’s left for a poor little Chinese bitch to rely on? It’s money, of course, and guns. – Revy Rebecca, Black Lagoon
24. I think death is equally terrible for everyone. Young people, old people, the good, the bad; it’s always the same. It’s rather fair in its treatment. There’s no such thing as a particularly terrible death, that’s why it’s frightening. – Sunako, Shiki
25. Even if I’m worthless, and carry demon blood… thank you, for loving me! – Portgas D. Ace thanks his brother for his love as he (Portgas) is about to die after sacrificing himself to save his brother’s life in One Piece
26. Why should I apologize for being a monster? Has anyone ever apologized for turning me into one? – Juuzou Suzuya in Tokyo Ghoul
27. Vegeta: Your father and mine… the whole planet… he blew it up, it’s true. No one survived but us. Ask him if you want. He’ll tell you. He’s proud of it.
Goku: Please, stop talking, Vegeta. It’s sapping all of your strength.
Vegeta: No. Listen. You have to hear this. (Crying.) We worked so hard for him. We did everything he asked of us and more. He took me from my father when I was just a little boy. He made me do whatever he wanted and said he would kill my father if I didn’t. I did everything he asked but he killed him anyway along with everyone else. He was scared of us. Scared that a Super Saiyan would be born to rise up and overthrow him…
Kakarot… please… destroy Frieza… He made me what I am. Don’t…let him… do it… to anyone else. whatever it takes… Stop him… Please. – Vegeta breaks down and begs his former foe to protect the lives of others from the man who destroyed his childhood.
28. Akito: Who is going to be sad? Everyone is alive thanks to me. They all hope that I will be gone quickly. I was born into this world in order to die. That’s what was decided.
Tohru: Why? Who decided such a thing? Akito-san, you are indeed alive right now, aren’t you?
Akito: Alive? You call this being alive? It has been decided—and they never even asked me! – Akito Sohma in Fruits Basket
29. See, there’s the pie chart. If you look, you can see clear as day that the happy times – the times when you think “How fun! I’m glad I’m alive” – don’t make up even one tenth of life. I’m working this out properly with a calculator, so there’s no mistake. – Misaki Nakahara in Welcome to The NHK
30. It was over 20 kilometers from home, but I always felt so light on my way home from the hospital. It was a happy feeling, as though I was riding with that warmth of the hospital. If it were a color, it might be yellow. It gave me so much strength. It felt great. – Akira Midousuji in Yowamushi Pedal
Anime Love Quotes
31. I…I love you with all my heart!…If you were to stay here with me, there would be no regrets…Because every day we’d do something fun, we’d be happy, I swear!…I would do anything for you! So…Please just stay with me! – Haruno Sakura (Naruto)
32. Trying to shoulder the burden all by yourself? Don’t be a stranger. Weep and ask for help. Lean on me with your runny nose. Cry when you feel like crying. Laugh when you feel like laughing. When you’re tearing up with an ugly face, I’ll give you a good cry with an uglier face. When you’re laughing so hard your stomach hurts, I’ll laugh in a louder voice. That’s how it should be. It’s far better to get dirty while living true to yourself than to throw away yourself and die a clean death. – Sakata Gintoki, Gintama
33. After all.. love is all about timing..If you don’t say the right thing at the right moment no matter how much fate was involved in the relationship, everything will be ruined. Even if you regret it, it’ll be too late. -Takeuchi Masafumin, Bokura Ga Ita
34. You laugh at love…but love will make you cry. – Yasushi Takagi, a.k.a Yasu in Nana
35. Nobu is idealizing me, that’s why he fell in love with me. If you knew the real me, it would shatter your illusion.Then come on. Shatter my illusion. Because I don’t know what else I can do to stop loving you. – Hachi and Nobu, Nana
36. Loving a person isn’t about logic or reason. – Paradise Kiss
37. I’ll never resent you, or hate you, or hurt you. Not ever. Not you or anyone. I’d rather die. So If I’m killed, I’ll face my killer with a smile. And I’ll tell them that it’s okay because it won’t be their fault for doing it. It’ll just be that they don’t know any better. I’ll die hopeful, that my death might have helped them to understand someday. – Photo, Kino’s Journey
38. Love, passion, why do we get caught up by such troublesome feelings? The mind couldn’t ever get things straight, and you lose control to know what is sensible. Deep down, it’s all so vexing. – Usui Takumi, Maid Sama!
39. It is love which can make us strong, but it’s also love, which can make us weak. — Makarov Dreyar, Fairy Tail
40. Once you fall in love, you really love that person through thick and thin. – Oka Chinami
41. I used to always cry and give up…I made many wrong turns…But you…You helped me find the right path…I always chased after you…I wanted to catch up to you…I wanted to walk beside you all the time…I just wanted to be with you…You changed me! Your smile is what saved me! That is why I’m not afraid to die protecting you! Because…I love you… – Hyuuga Hinata, Naruto
42. No matter which love line, what time, or where I am, I will always love you. I’ll say it one more time, I love you. – Okabe, Steins; Gate
43. It’s not that you can fall in love with someone new because you forgot the old. It’s because you fall in love with someone new that you’re able to forget about the old. Only love can heal a heart that was hurt by love. – Takeuchi’s sister, Ayaka Takeuchi
44. You’re not alone. We are partners. If you are a witch, then I’ll become a warlock. – Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass
45. I order you to love me! – Euphemia Li Brittania, Code Geass
46. Love is simply an electrical bug in the human neural circuit. – Akasaka Ryuunosuke, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
47. I don’t want to forget today. I want to remember the time I spent with you today – even the little things. But even more than that, I don’t want to stop being friends with you! If that day comes then I won’t be happy even if I’m able to remember you.” — Kaori Fujimiya, Isshukan Friends (One-Week Friends)
48. You aren’t happy even if you’re with them. It makes me nervous. Nothing happened like I thought it would. It isn’t fun. But I still want to be with them. — Taichi Mashima, Chihayafuru
49. Love is never as simple as sharing the same path. — Khamsin
50. If it’s possible for one person to be hurt by another, then it’s possible for that person to be healed by another. – Sohma Hatori
51. Even if I lose this feeling, I’m sure I’ll just fall in love with you all over again. – Syaoran Li, Cardcaptor Sakura
52. If you love someone, he could make you sad. He could even make you feel lonely sometimes. But that someone can also make you happier than you’ll ever be…. – Saki Hanajima, Fruits Basket
53. I’ll always be by your side, just like the wind that flows through your hair. – Yagami Kazuma, Kaze no Stigma
54. I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to a slow death. – Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass
55. Heh, I guess somehow without me knowing, it just feels so natural now, to have Kagome by my side. – Inuyasha in Inuyasha
56. The moment you find the courage to give up your life for someone… would be the moment you understand love. – Kenshin Himura, Rurouni Kenshin
57. Love is like a mirror that reflects your bad side. Especially when it’s unrequited, you get envious, jealous, prejudiced, and resentful. You have to face all sorts of emotions, but there’s no reason to find that shameful. – Margery Daw, Shakugan No Shana
58. Of course I’ll stay with you… No matter what happens. Forever and ever. – Nagisa Furukawa, Clannad
59. want to be with you. From now on, I want to spend all and every single one of my days until I die with you, and only you. – Naruto Uzumaki
60. I won’t hate that person. Even if my love does not reach him. Because they’re still my precious feelings. – Ninako Kinoshita
61. Since ancient times, the dragon has been the only beast to equal the tiger. Even if you’re not by my side right now, I will leap through space and time and always be by your side. These feelings will never change. – Ryuuji Takasu, Toradora!
62. On that day, you taught me that solitude is painful! I understand that so well right now. I have family, and I have friends but if you’re gone… To me… It will be the same as being alone. – Haruno Sakura, Naruto
63. I too am alone. It’s sad being alone. It’s painful. I felt that way too. But if we’re together, at times we may hurt each other, and we may even part. But, that is not the end. I’ll always be with you. – Hitomi Kanzaki, Vision of Escaflowne
64. Unless I grip the sword, I cannot protect you. While gripping the sword,I cannot embrace you. – Kurosaki Ichigo, Bleach
65. Is there a limit to how much you can love somebody? No matter how much I hurt him or get hurt by him, I find myself far from hating him, actually hoping that those wounds will scar, like burns…because then you can never forget me. – Kamijou Hiroki, Junjou Romantica
Funny Anime Quotes
66. An angel? So Whis is an angel? But he’s got no wings, and his butts not hanging out. – Goku, Dragon Ball Super
67. Do you have any idea how stupid we are? Don’t underestimate us. – Kondou Isao (Gorilla), Gintama
68. Now all that is left is the destruction of the earth, but I think it would be a waste to destroy it. The food of this planet is very delicious. – Beerus, Dragon Ball Super
69. Pornography can save the world! – Taiga Okajima, Assassination Classroom
70. If you die, I’ll kill you! – Roronoa Zoro, One Piece
71. I’m not a pervert… I’m a super pervert! – Jiraya, Naruto
72. We had sex and sex makes babies!!! – Furukawa, Nagisa Clannad: After Story
73. Listen up! Let’s say you drink too much strawberry milk, and have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, but it’s cold outside your bed. You don’t want to get up, but the urge to urinate is just too strong! You make up your mind to go! You run to the bathroom, stand in front of the toilet, and let loose! You think that all your life has led to this moment! But then you realize. It isn’t the bathroom! You’re still in bed! That feeling of lukewarm wetness spreads like wildfire! But you don’t stop! You can’t stop! That’s what I’m talking about! That’s the truth of the strawberry milk! Do you get it? – Sakata, Gintoki (Gintma)
74. Stop making me repeat myself! It’s bad for my health! – Duo Maxwell, Gundam Wing
75. The boy’s screams excited me far more than yours. – Tomo, Fushigi Yugi
76. For a pregnant woman to give birth, she’s gotta feel the pain of pulling a watermelon out of her nostril. For an artist to create a masterpiece, he’s gotta feel the pain of pulling entire galaxies out of his ass. – Gintoki Sakata, Gintama
77. Don’t tell me he wants to conquer the world? Can’t he come up with something more original? – Lina Inverse, Slayers
78. An apple a day keeps anyone away, if you throw it hard enough! – Marie Mjolnir, Soul Eater
79. I don’t wanna brag or anything, but when it comes to being the worst – I’m at the top. – Rider Astolfo, Fate Apocrypha
80. Azmaria is amazing. She’s already learning how to kiss up to rich people at such an age. – Rosette Christopher, Chrono Crusade
81. Shorty?! Could a shorty do this?! What else you want to call me: a half-pint bean sprout midget?! I’m still growing you backwater desert idiots! – Elric, “Ed” Edward, Fullmetal Alchemist
82. Someone! Suck the poison out! …Fuyutsuki-chan! I beg you! Suck it out quickly! – Onizuka, Eikichi (Great Teacher Onizuka)
83. I’ll take a potato chip… AND EAT IT! – Yagami, Light (Death Note)
84. And what’s the real lesson? Don’t leave things in the fridge. – Spike Spiegel, Cowboy Bebop
85. A drop from the moon dropped and disappeared into a room into my heart. – (Closing song) (All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku-Nuku)
86. Excuse me, but are you by any chance the oddball in your family? – Ash Ketchum, Pokemon
87. When you’re in high school you should be doing things, about which you could never tell your parents! – Isshin Kurosaki, Bleach
88. If I get reincarnated…. I wanna become a clam. – Monkey D Luffy, One Piece
89. I couldn’t help laughing the moment I saw him. Actually, I think that was the first time I laughed since I came to that school. He might have looked stupid, but it was the kind of stupid I wanted in on. – Tomoya Okazaki, Clannad
90. Look around Eren, at these big ass trees. – Levi Ackerman, Attack On Titan
91. What is life? Why do people live? Someone asked me that, and then I beat him within an inch of his life. – Heiwajima, Shizuo Durarara!!
92. Pornography can save the world! – Okajima, Taiga, Assassination Classroom
93. Right, I have something I have to apologize to Mitsuo for. Sometimes, when we were playing, you’d suddenly start crying, and then you’d run home. You probably thought you’d fooled us, but everyone knew… that you had pooped your pants! Sorry. -Motoharu, Daily Lives of High School Boys
94. You’re thinking in Japanese! If you must think, do it in German! – Asuka Langley Soryu, Evangelion
95. (bursts into tears) I can’t talk about it! It’s so horrible! They were– they were– the milk! Oh God, the milk! – Ken Hidaka, Wiess Kreuz
96. If you use your head, you won’t get fat even if you eat sweets. – L Lawliet, Death Note
97. he name’s Amanda. Considering the two of us are both rebels, I think we’ll be friends. – Amanda O’Niell, Little Witch Academia
98. I’m actually a hardcore otaku who likes maids more than having three meals in a day. And I only read books related to maids. Also, I only visit maid cafes. Of course I also collect maid figurines. I play games which feature maids and it turns me on so much that I’ll wear the maid uniform and jump in joy. – Usui Takumi, Maid Sama
99. So tell me, what’s it like living in a constant haze of stupidity? – Hiei, Yu Yu Hakusho
100. The ocean is so salty because everyone pees in it. – Son Goku, Dragon Ball Z