Priyanka Chaturvedi is an Indian Politician and the National Spokesperson of Indian National Congress. She is also an eminent entrepreneur and a book review blogger. She is often seen on TV aiding for Women empowerment, child rights, education, and health. She has been listed in the top 10 Indian Women Politicians. Let us find out some more interesting facts and biography of Priyanka Chaturvedi
Priyanka Chaturvedi was born on 19th November 1979 (aged 39 years; as in 2018) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She was educated in St. Joseph’s High School, Juhu, Mumbai in 1995 and later graduated in Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) in Accounts from Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai in 1999. Additionally, she studied Entrepreneurial Studies from Indian School of Business. From way back, Priyanka was passionate about reading which she further took up as a career and initiated a blog regarding book reviews and today, her blog is amid the top 10 weblogs regarding books in India. Other than reading, Priyanka is a very admirable speaker and is now a National Spokesperson of the Indian National Congress Party. Priyanka is also an eminent entrepreneur. She was a part of the ISB’s (Indian School of Business) 10,000 Women Entrepreneurs programme, an expertise programme by Goldman Sach’s Foundation for women entrepreneurs.
Family, Husband & Caste
Priyanka Chaturvedi was born into a Hindu family. Her father is Chandrakanta Chaturvedi. Mother’s name is not known. She has 1 brother and 3 sisters. Not much is known regarding the names of her siblings.
Priyanka is married Vickram Chaturvedi who works as a Channel Marketing and Program Manager at IBM India. The couple has one son and one daughter.
After graduating from Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics in Mumbai, Priyanka was associated as a Director of MPower Consultants (Media, PR, and event management company). She was also a columnist contributing her opinions in various newspapers and online sites. Subsequently, she became the trustee of 2 NGOs and works for women empowerment, contributes to the education of under-previliged children, and health. She owns a book review blog which is at present in the top 10 weblogs concerning books in India. In 2010, Priyanka stepped into Politics and evolved into General Secretary of Indian Youth Congress. Gradually, Priyanka became popular all over social media for supporting and defending the policies of Congress Party and ultimately she was appointed as the National Spokesperson of Indian National Congress Party.
- Priyanka Chaturvedi was threatened by one Girish Maheshwar on Twitter to rape her daughter like that of Nirbhaya on 1 July 2018. She took no time to lodge a complaint against him and within a few hours, the Mumbai Police tracked and arrested the threatener.
भगवान राम के नाम से ट्विटर हैंडल चलाकर, पहले तो मेरा गलत बयान लगाते हो, फिर मेरी बेटी के बारे में अभद्र टिप्पणी करते हो। कुछ शर्म हो तो चुल्लू भर पानी में डूब मरो वरना भगवान राम ही इसका सबक सिखाएंगे तुम जैसे नीच सोच वाले इंसान को।
cc @MumbaiPolice please take action. https://t.co/Ujs7wLia9v
— Priyanka Chaturvedi (@priyankac19) July 1, 2018
- Priyanka was awarded as the “Inspirational Women of Maharashtra” in 2017 for the “Excellence in the field of Politics”.
- She was bestowed by All Ladies League & Women Economic Forum as “Iconic Women creating a better world for all“
- Priyanka was a participant in “Asian Forum on Global Governance” programme organized by Observer Research Foundation and Zeit Stiftung in 2015.
- She was a representative to visit London for delegation of young political leaders conscripted by UK High Commission and CPA UK to understand London’s democracy in 2015.