Sidhu Moosewala was born on 11 June 1993 (age 26 years; as in 2019) in village Moosa, Mansa, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Gemini.
He did his schooling from Mansa and went to Ludhiana’s Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College to pursue his graduation in Electrical Engineering. After completing his graduation, he moved to Canada for his further studies. Sidhu was inclined towards singing from a young age. He used to sing folk songs when he was in his 5th standard and also took part in various singing competitions while he was in college but it was only after he moved to Canada, that he decided to make a career in singing.
Height: 6’ 1”
Weight: 85 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Sidhu Moosewala belongs to a Sikh Jatt Family. His father’s name is Bhola Singh Sidhu. His mother, Charan Kaur Sidhu, is a Sarpanch of the village, Moosa in Mansa. He has a younger brother, Gurpreet Sidhu.
Moosewala started his career as a lyricist in 2016 by writing the lyrics of the song ‘License’ which was sung by the Punjabi singer, Ninja. The song was an instant hit. He, then, worked in collaboration with the singers Deep Jhandu, Elly Mangat, and Karan Aujla. In 2017, Sidhu made his debut in singing with the Punjabi song “G Wagon.” In the same year, he lent his voice to the song “So High.” Both the songs were superhit and earned him wide popularity. Subsequently, he released many popular Punjabi songs like “Range Rover,” “Duniya,” “Dark Love,” “Tochan,” and “Its All About You.”
- Sidhu Moosewala was a good friend of Karan Aujla but a feud arose between the two and Karan allegedly leaked various songs of Moosewala before their release. In 2018, Aujla released the songs ‘Up & Down’ with Deep Jandu and Lafaafe with Sanam Bhullar in which he defamed Sidhu. The act didn’t go well with the singer and he, in return, also released a song ‘Warning Shots’ targetting Karan Aujla. Thereafter, a cold was initiated between the two of them.
- A complaint was filed to the Director of Rural Development And Panchayats Department, SAS Nagar, Mohali against his mother by Professor Dhanevar in which the professor mentioned about the provocative and illegal songs sung by Sidhu Moosewala. Later, Charan Kaur wrote an apology letter to Pandit Rao Dhanevar stating that in future her son will not sing songs that have provocative lyrics.
Sidhu Moosewala owns a Range Rover.
- Food: Butter Chicken, Rajma
- Singers: Babbu Maan, Kuldeep Manak
- Colours: Black, Red, Blue
- Brands: Louis Vuitton, Armani
- His hobbies include playing musical instruments, driving, and shopping.
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- His name Sidhu Moosewala is inspired from his village’s name “Moosa” which is located in Mansa, Punjab.
- In 2015, when Sidhu Moosewala approached a renowned lyricist of the Punjabi industry for a song, the lyricist kept postponing the things and later denied giving him a song. This incident hurt him to such an extent that he decided to write his own lyrics. Initially, he was poor at writing but slowly he became good at it.
- He considers ‘Channi Banka’ his Godfather. It was Banka who introduced Sidhu to the Punjabi music industry and also helped him to earn a name in Canada.
- Approximately his 8 songs were leaked before they were officially recorded for the release.
- In 2018, Sidhu launched a song ‘Just Listen’ targetting his haters.
- Moosewala is a good friend with the Punjabi singers Ninja and Parmish Verma.
- He has inked a tattoo on his right arm.