Srinidhi Shetty is an Indian Model and Actress in Kannada film industry. She was the 2nd Indian to win the beauty pageant “Miss Supranational” in 2016 after Asha Bhat. She made her debut into the film industry through 2018’s Kannada movie ‘KGF’ opposite rocking star Yash. Let’s find out some interesting facts about Srinidhi.
Srinidhi Ramesh Shetty was born on 21 October 1992 (aged 26; as in 2018) in Mangalore, Karnataka, India. She did her schooling from Sri Narayana Guru English Medium School, Mangalore and later pursued her pre-university studies from St. Aloysius Pre-University College, Mangalore. Further, she did her graduation in B.Tech – EEE from Jain University, Bangalore. She was a brilliant student attaining 93.5% in her matriculation and an overall score of 85% in her Engineering. Other than being a bright student, Srinidhi participated in various fashion shows during her college days.
Growing up watching several beauty pageants on Television, she had a dream to be one. Initially, she was associated with Accenture, Bangalore as a Software Engineer. She late quit her job with Accenture in order to pursue her dream career of being a model and a beauty queen.
Family, Boyfriend & Caste
Srinidhi is born into a Hindu family to Ramesh Shetty and late Kushala Shetty who hails from Karnataka. She lost her mother while she was in 10th Standard to a brief illness. She has two sisters namely Amrita Shetty and Priyanka Shetty. Srinidhi is the youngest of the three daughters. No details are known regarding her boyfriend.
During her college days, Srinidhi was an NCC cadet and also an active participant in various fashion shows. After terminating herself from Accenture, Srinidhi participated in different beauty pageants. She was immensely supported to chase her dreams by her father during her career as a model. In 2012, she evolved to be amongst the top 5 contestants in Clean & Clear Fresh Face. Subsequently, in 2015, Srinidhi stood out to be the winner of Mannapuram Miss South India, Miss Karnataka and Miss Beautiful Smile. She contested in Mannapuram Miss Queen and became the 1st runner-up.
On 2 December 2016, she represented India in Yamaha Fascino Miss Diva Supranational held in Poland and won the title of “Miss Supranational”. Srinidhi was also declared to be the winner of “Miss Supranational Asia and Oceania” in 2016.
- Srinidhi is a big foodie and loves eating Pizza, Briyani, and Chicken Sukka.
- Her most cherished author is Paulo Coelho.
- Srinidhi’s favourite quote is “If you want to be successful, don’t seek success- seek competence, empowerment; do nothing short of the best you can do”.
- Her hobbies include dancing, yoga, traveling and swimming.
- Srinidhi evolved to be the successor of the 52nd edition of the Femina Miss India.
- In 2015, while she was contesting for Miss Diva auditions, Srinidhi met with an accident and broke her toe. She was advised complete bed rest for 3 months.
- Prior to doing Engineering, Srinidhi wanted to become a Doctor but fate had its own twist and she landed up into modeling and ultimately as an Actress in Kannada film industry.
- Srinidhi was often criticized for her accent during her modeling days and was even told to work out on her communication skills.
- Her first salary as a Software Engineer was ₹23,000/- which she forwarded to her father but later asked him to return as she was not having any money.